Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 03:47:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Welcome to Eastwood's All New World of Prophecy!
Please read the Message marked Read Me FIRST...

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  The Guest Lounge
| | |-+  Having a Form of Godliness, But Denying the Power Thereof
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Having a Form of Godliness, But Denying the Power Thereof  (Read 1471 times)
Fear Not Truth
« on: April 18, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »

: from such turn away.

I was talking with two people about world events and below is a little of how the conversation went. Person A did most of the talking while person B mostly agreed with person A.

Me: Doesn’t anyone stand up for the right side anymore?
Person A: Is there even a right side.
Me: Looking at the big picture I say yes.
Person A and B: Nobody can know truth. Do you claim to have all the truth?
Me: No, but I will still keep gaining as much knowledge towards truth as possible.
Person A: My sole focus is on Jesus and Morality. We all just need to get along. We can  all come together. I hate that religious dogma that says people who disagree with it are wrong.
Me: All I care about is the truth.
Person A: The New World Order does not matter. We shouldn’t worry about it. We can’t control it. All that matters are the words of Jesus and if we get along.
Me: I am not worried about the New World Order. I find the subject interesting. Many people who refuse to understand what is going on will increasingly become angrier and lose control. I will keep looking for truth about the New World Order so I will not be deceived by it.
Person A: Things will go down and then things will get better again. History has been repeating itself yet the New World Order did not yet happen. We could die tomorrow. That would be our end. We cannot relate the New World Order to the Bible.
Me: 1/3 of the Bible is prophecy. I will continue to research the New World Order in truth so as not to be deceived by the direction this world is headed, And yes it is happening the way the Bible foretold.
Person A and B: You are devoting to much of your time on this. I would not worry about it. We can’t know what will happen.
Me: I am not worried about it. Do you want me to write down some of the things that I believe will happen and we will see if they come true?
Person A and B: You can make anything look the way you want it to.
Me: Do you want me to write down some of the things that I believe will happen and we will see if they come true?
Person A: Is this an I told you so.
Me. You should have nothing to worry about if you believe we can’t know truth.
Person A: Are you going to be looking down at us in Hell and think that is a good thing because we don’t have truth and you do?  I don’t think that is how a Christian should live their life.
Me: All I care about is the truth and if that’s the way it has to be than so be it. We all have to make our own choice and mine is to side with truth.
Person A and B: We hope we are not bothering you and making you feel bad.
Me: I don’t feel bad because most of what I have been studying has been coming true.
Person A and B: But we don’t agree with you.
Me: That is your choice and I have mine.

WOW! So many people have a Form of Godliness, But Deny the Power Thereof.

I believe stirring of the spirit in all of us is increasing at an exponential rate so far in 2009.  Soon their will be no middle ground to stand on.

summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »

This  Happens  alot.  It  happens  in  different  forms.  I  have  run  across.   
 #1 What  you  think  your  a  Bible  scaller?{sister in law}
 #2 Im  tired of  hearing  this  its  been  going  on  for 1,000yrs
 Some  folks  will  Not  relate  whats  happpening  to  the  bible  at  all.
 O!  its  nothing well  all  jest  get  along  fine  pretty  soon  jest  got  to 
iron  out  our  differences..

SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

How True this is - And HOW SAD Sad 

Those who call themselves Christians should Know that we are Admonished to be 'Wise as Serpents, but innocent as Doves' (bad paraphrase, but I don't have a lot of time to look it up right now Wink).  Basically we need to be Aware of the devices of our Enemy so we Won't be deceived Wink 

Never let anyone discourage you ('you' meaning anyone reading this thread that is) from seeking out The Truth in All Things - When we are truly Born-Again then the Holy Spirit leads us into All Truth Smiley   Praise God

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
Gar
Shadrach

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »

Luke 21:26  Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

I was looking at what was going on in the earth so much that my heart began to harden.  I couldn't handle it anymore.  I needed to take a break.  I then told some people basically what person A said about keeping our focus on Jesus Christ and not the things happening in the world because we can't stop it.   

I guess there is a balance.  I still can't look into a lot of the illuminati type stuff anymore.  I know the truth.  I don't need every detail.  So I just basically scan the headlines and focus on the things that really interest or strike me.  We should totally stand up for what's right. 

Psalm 105:4  Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
Chipper
Elder
Global Moderator
Daniel

"For God so loved the World, that he gave....."

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »

I am inclined to agree with you Gar...I have read so much about the illuminati etc etc ....I am sick to death about it....I stand up for what I believe is right. I do not push my ideals onto anyone but should they "ask" for my opinion man do they get it.....calmly mind you....
and...if they come up to me and say "But, doesn't the Bible say....this or that?" I first ask them to show me "where" it says such a thing...if they don't know...who are they to quote, to me  from the Bible if they can't even give me a glimmer of "where" they might think it is? But I also stand up for what the Word of God says....and lots of times I get into trouble over it too....but....so be it!

Great is Thy faithfulness O God my father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee.  Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not. As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be... GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.!
Gar
Shadrach

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »

But I also stand up for what the Word of God says....and lots of times I get into trouble over it too....but....so be it!

An awesome blessing! 

I like that this site has so much information.  Y'all have done a wonderful job of exposing sooo much, and I can always refer somebody to here just in case they don't know enough.  I love this site because when we do come across important information we have a good place to put it.  This is a great research site with wonderful mods.  But once ya get to know most of it like myself, I just can't look at much more.  It causes me paranoia and takes up a lot of my thoughts.

Psalm 105:4  Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
Caretaker
Old Greybeard Elder
Global Moderator
Daniel

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30:39 AM »

God bless you, your hearts and walk of faith a true blessing to the Brethren.

How often in the Word we would see our Lord draw apart/separate from the crowds, or His opponents the Pharisees/Sadducee's, and privately teach His disciples or to sojourn and rest, or to commune with His Father.

We are on the front lines of a war-zone. We must be armored-up, and prayed-up, and willing to stand and resist.

But the most valiant soldier cannot battle 24/7 without some respite. Remember the precious words of our Lord,"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.9Matt. 11:28)

We must be watchful for times and seasons, and be ever vigilant, and we are able to study the times/seasons/events in the Light of God's Word. The dissemination of information and the study/prayer/preparation for a new battle front.

On WOP we have the areas which are like a breaking news section, like a very active war room. Other areas are like the armory and the firing range where we are fitted/trained for battle.

But praise God we are so blessed in the balance at WOP. We offer the cafeteria where we can be nourished on the Bread of Life, and drink deeply from the Living Waters.

Praise God for the chapel where we can gather in pure fellowship with Prayer from our hearts and singing His praises from our lips. Wherein we minister with one another. His fellowship Sunday School, seven days a week, where each is gifted with the illumination and insight into His Word, and where we can so bless one another.

The garden infirmary where those wounded in the battle can be nurtured and the Holy Spirit of God can move and minister His healing, comfort, peace, and His grace to mend the broken places.

It is balance, the whole counsel of God's Word, which will guide His children through this wilderness of strife and woe, and bring them safely through to the promised land, our Home in Glory.

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

A servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
thunderbyrd
Shadrach

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD OF ALL!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 04:49:31 AM »

I believe stirring of the spirit in all of us is increasing at an exponential rate so far in 2009.  Soon their will be no middle ground to stand on.

Amen, Amen, Amen. no fence to sit on, no way not to take a stand.
Eternal
Shadrach

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »

God bless you, your hearts and walk of faith a true blessing to the Brethren.

How often in the Word we would see our Lord draw apart/separate from the crowds, or His opponents the Pharisees/Sadducee's, and privately teach His disciples or to sojourn and rest, or to commune with His Father.

We are on the front lines of a war-zone. We must be armored-up, and prayed-up, and willing to stand and resist.

But the most valiant soldier cannot battle 24/7 without some respite. Remember the precious words of our Lord,"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.9Matt. 11:28)

We must be watchful for times and seasons, and be ever vigilant, and we are able to study the times/seasons/events in the Light of God's Word. The dissemination of information and the study/prayer/preparation for a new battle front.

On WOP we have the areas which are like a breaking news section, like a very active war room. Other areas are like the armory and the firing range where we are fitted/trained for battle.

But praise God we are so blessed in the balance at WOP. We offer the cafeteria where we can be nourished on the Bread of Life, and drink deeply from the Living Waters.

Praise God for the chapel where we can gather in pure fellowship with Prayer from our hearts and singing His praises from our lips. Wherein we minister with one another. His fellowship Sunday School, seven days a week, where each is gifted with the illumination and insight into His Word, and where we can so bless one another.

The garden infirmary where those wounded in the battle can be nurtured and the Holy Spirit of God can move and minister His healing, comfort, peace, and His grace to mend the broken places.

It is balance, the whole counsel of God's Word, which will guide His children through this wilderness of strife and woe, and bring them safely through to the promised land, our Home in Glory.

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Now that was just plum pretty Caretaker.. insightful too!
SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32:34 AM »

Bro Drew definitely has a way (Gift) for telling it like it is and beautifully so Smiley

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout